Don’t take our word that water is the best drink for your health, here is what the NHS says:
- Your body needs water or other fluids to work properly and to avoid dehydration.
- Water makes up about two-thirds of the weight of a healthy body.
- Most of the chemical reactions that happen in our cells need water in order to take place. We also need water so that our blood can carry nutrients around the body and get rid of waste.
- However, we lose water all the time, through evaporation when we breathe, sweat and in our urine. If the temperature rises or we do more activity, this increases the amount of water we lose.
- To stay healthy, it is important to replace the water we lose.